Welcome to your step-by-step guide to “Captain” a screening of Girl Rising.
10×10 has partnered with Theatrical On DemandSM film distribution service, Gathr Films, to allow individuals like you the opportunity to book Girl Rising into movie theaters across the country. But it will only come to your community if enough people reserve tickets to see it. After you submit a request on Gathr, you’ll receive your own personal screening webpage where all of your friends can easily reserve tickets to the film. Let’s GET STARTED!
1. Set up your screening on Gathr
- Sign-up here to host your Girl Rising screening
- Receive a personalized screening webpage to share with all your friends,
- Check out our Gathr FAQ if you need any additional help.
Note: It can take anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks to receive the link. Once you receive it, you and others can begin reserving tickets. After enough tickets are reserved, the screening “tips”, and everyone’s credit cards are charged. If it doesn’t “tip” by the deadline, then nobody is charged.
2. Get the word out
Promote your Girl Rising screening by starting with friends and family, and then partnering with organizations in your community (such as churches, student groups, our NGO partners). Use these resources and let your imagination take over!
- Introduction to promoting your screening
- Email templates to send to family and friends
- Email templates to send to local community organizations
- Social Media Resources: Facebook events & photo campaign
- Marketing Materials: Flyers, posters, logos, & banners
- 10×10–Girl Rising Background, Overview, and FAQs
- Additional media from the 10×10 campaign:
Photography (password: girlrising) & Youtube Videos
- Girl Rising Director’s Notes
- Press Release Template
3. Engage your supporters in the movement
- Stay up-to-date on current events and remind people why we’re all watching Girl Rising.
Share an online article or the Girls’ Education Fact Sheet
- Think big! Do you want to host a pre/post event to complement the screening?
- Turn your event into a fundraiser
For donations to the 10×10 Fund for Girls’ Education:
Payable to: Tides Foundation — Memo: 10×10 Fund
P.O. Box 29903, San Francisco, CA 94129-0903
4. Prepare for the big day
We are building a global movement for girls’ education, and your screening is the spark. We want to make sure to translate people’s passion after the film into long-term change, so it is critical we share what they can do to take action.
- Captain Starter-Kit Checklist & 7-Day Countdown Checklist
- Reach out to the theater manager once your screening “tips” to arrange day-of logistics
5. Host the event
The film showing runs for approximately 100 minutes. Use 5 to 10 minutes prior to introduce the film and movement. Once the film finishes, hand out postcards with our call-to-action as people depart.
- Prepare and give Opening and Closing Remarks on the 10×10 Campaign and Girl Rising
- Print and distribute Call to Action Postcards
- Follow-up Email Template
- Submit your stories to us with this form (and share on Facebook and Twitter)
- Sign-up here for our campaign newsletter (if you haven’t already)
Watch and Share our Videos
- Amazing things happen when you give a girl an education. Watch the Girl Rising teaser, trailer, and campaign promo – and don’t forget to share it with your friends.